ANST - Three Kings

Talen von Marienburg talen at microtutors.com
Mon Oct 27 09:11:11 PST 1997

I for one had a wonderful time.  Thanks to the Shire of Rosenfeld for
putting on a great event.

Attempting to storm Gloucester in the rain, having the Earl of Chester (Don
Miguel) beheaded before the gates of York, Queen Marguerite making her loyal
followers Knights of the House of Lancaster prior to taking York (and a
tough fight that was!), the river crossing after the Yorkists burned the
bridge and we had to ferry our troops over in three waves while being
attacked on the shore, and most of all the wonderful "court" held to
distribute the lands of England amongst Lancaster's loyal troops.  If you
weren't there you missed one of the more unique events in Ansteorra.

There was also the wonderful warm stew and brisket from Claudia of
Mooneschadowe, the Fettuccine from Richard Fairbourne, and the awesome
brisket from Sir Gunthar and friends that made this just a down home and
friendly event.  It's great to be an Ansteorran!

Treschen (who's out of the office today) is very happy with all of the
support and friendship she experienced this weekend.  Especially since
Lancaster's army consisted of troops from different regions - Northern,
Coastal & Southern at least.  I myself am proud to know that two commanders
from opposite ends of the kingdom (Treschen and Wilhelm) could form a
tightly knit army and change history.  And considering the late changes of
commanders on the Yorkist side they put together one tough little army
themselves.  This bodes well for Gulf Wars.

On the subject of support, an archer named ?Crawford? shot for the House of
Lancaster but was not in attendance at the final court.  It is our
understanding that he single-handedly won the archery point for Marguerite &
Somerset despite the gusting wind.  As many have already seen, her most
fictitious and royal majesty the Queen of England is generous to her loyal
followers and she should like to reward this archer as befits his skills.
Could someone who knows this gentle please let us know where we can contact
him?  There are still former Yorkist titles to be distributed :-)

If you've not been to a Three Kings event before, you'd best start making
plans for next year. I hear the Bruce is generous as well!

Talen
--------
Centurion Talen von Marienburg
Kriegsherr von Nordsteorra