ANST - Three Kings

Talen von Marienburg talen at microtutors.com
Mon Oct 27 10:23:30 PST 1997

From: Michael F. Gunter <mfgunter at tddeng00.fnts.com>
<snip>

>Yeah, myself and the other commanders certainly enjoyed the "strategic
>challenge" of facing a force twice our size.
>
>Yers,
>
>Gunthar

'Tis true, Marguerite and Somerset did a fine job of recruiting.  But those
Yorkist resurrection points did a lot to put pressure on the Lancastrians.
If it makes you feel better, it was disheartening to see Somerset besieged
in Gloucester while we were unable to march to his relief, and watching the
steady stream of "reserves" pour in from resurrection point.  Fine job
taking the town, that was!  Alas, we lost most of our polearms there and had
a devil of a time trying to take the town back without _any_ reserves.
Tough fight and the Yorkists deserved the win.

Anyway, I hope that enough people show next year to put together two
*larger* armies.  Can you imagine the additional tactical considerations
with forces in excess of 50 each?  And a whole lot of fun as well?  Hope to
see everyone there next year!

Talen