ANST - Honors at Bryn Gwlad Baronial

Paul Mitchell pmitchel at flash.net
Mon Oct 27 08:59:23 PST 1997

Galen here!

My beloved Baroness of Eflsea wrote:

> Greetings, Ansteorra!
>
> > Saturday morning
> > Baron - Pendaren
> > Baronesse - Jehanne
> > Knight - Corwin
> > Pelican - Kief
> > Sunday morning
> > Knight - Baden

Spelling correction:  Badon (no longer my squire)!
And thanks to the hundred or so people who knew
this was coming, but still managed to keep it a
secret from Badon!  He was flabbergasted.

<snip>

> Baron and Baroness Pendaran and Jehanne's Court -
> Morning-
> Rising Star -Robert Moondragon
> Rising Star - Geoffrey (Johann and Erika's son

Also, the Award of the Compass Rose was given to
Baroness Erika Segenlein.

> Muse - Pug (I think)

Sorry, not Pug.  The Muse (Bryn Gwlad's non-armigerous
a&s award) was given to Sudvchin of Moritu.

<snip>
> Baron Pendaron gave an axe to the fighter
> that performed the most heroic act on the Chivalric field.  He was unable to
> decide between Lord Timo and Lady Vannora (of Elfsea!).  They were both asked
> to explain to the court why the other person should recieve the axe.  Lord
> Timo convinced His Excellency to give the axe to Lady Vannora based on her
> valiant fighting against overwhelming odds, because "that's what Heroes do".

This puts me, the infamous Galen of Bristol, in an odd position.  Do I take
great pride in my squire's heroic deed, which earned her such recognition?
Or do I take her back to Elfsea for remedial instruction in argument?

<snip>

Also in Sunday morning court, I took my first protege, my sister,
Lady Mirrim of Bristol.

Great event!

- Galen
(who found a new .sig line on a bumper sticker on the way home)

"Commit principled acts of self-interest and ruthless logic."