ANST - Re: [IR] Re: [ANST- Ladies Chest Protection

sharon sharon at onramp.net
Wed Oct 29 09:19:21 PST 1997

Greets Vanora

I'm a new fighter that has been lurking on these mailing lists for some
time now. As a new fighter, I've been researching armor what works best in
different situations.

My question is...

What is behind the specific rule as to why woman require different
protection than men do.  Is it a legal liability they fear? I have been
watching the feedback received from the polls on this subject, and I think
its fairly clear that most, if not all, ladies and men support a prochoice
position. But the next step seems to be what feeds that ruling, and what is
required to change it.

I would be interested in hearing from Karl and what other powers that be,
on what specifically it would take to change this ruling, i.e. medical
proof, legality of standardization, etc.

>From what i've seen posted, it seems there is adequate information to
support the medical issue, and possibly documentation should be gathered. I
have not seen any issues on a legal standpoint, or if thats even needed.

Vanora, can you get from Karl what is needed to move to the next step?

Vivaine Isabeau Taarnfalk
Barony of Elfsea, Ansteorra