ANST -Ladies Chest Protection

eric mauer eric.mauer-next at attws.com
Wed Oct 29 11:29:47 PST 1997

praise, and bruises to the upper left thigh have generically
become known as "Stella-bruises" after Mistress Stella's
skill in landing such shots.<<<<

Been there, limped away <grin>

entire SCA career; every one deserves as much respect as
you offer any male opponent. <snip>    <<<<

Very true! (and I, too, have been training and fighting with and against women my whole career). My original point was that unarmored breasts might well cause ME to hesitate, much as I'm more likely to "pull" a shot that is going to land on any other bare flesh (male or female). I don't like hurting people. As I said, that's MY problem, but I suspect it was also the original reason for the current rule. Honestly, if I'm asked "Are you satisfied with your opponents arms and armor?" and her breasts aren't protected, No, I'm not. Again, that's a personal problem. I'm opposed to requiring additional  armor just to fit my sensibilities (and Vannora, in case my original post wasn't clear, that's my vote for making it optional). But I'd be lying if I said it wouldn't bother me, just as thrusting at an unarmored sternum with a fiberglass spear does.

TuhTahl