ANST -Ladies Chest Protection

-Jax- jackson2 at apple.com
Wed Oct 29 12:34:29 PST 1997

>My original point was that unarmored breasts might well cause ME to
>hesitate, much as I'm more likely to "pull" a shot that is going to land
>on any other bare flesh (male or female). I don't like hurting people.

This is the point I was trying to make, as well.

>I think it's important to first and foremost
>create develop and maintain an attitude of respect for your opponent, along
>with appreciation of their willingness to engage with you.

> When an adult makes the decision to take a fighting stance,
>they're also making the decision to accept a chance of injury; simple,
>well-known and widely accepted concept. And while the goal in fighting
>isn't to actually harm the other person (let alone yourself), it is
>fighting, and injuries do occur, regardless of gender.

Both excellent points. Thank you, Lady Aquilanne. As I said in another post, which doesn¹t seem to have come through for some reason, the only people on the field are *warriors*, and you either treat them with respect, or they painfully teach you why you should. I did not mean to imply that *anyone* fighting required special treatment.

>I find a rattan blow to
>the breast (of which I have more than ample, thank you) is about on par with
>a sharp tip shot to my arm or thigh.  No more, and no less.

And this answers my real question, in a way that I can relate to. My concern was not in regards to the skill, courage or toughness of our female fighters; while I haven¹t crossed sword with any, I have watched a few, and was highly impressed by what I saw. For me it was rather a question of honor, and I have been well answered. My thanks to all those who took the time to respond to my post.

BTW, Gunnora told me at Baronial Faire that her new work schedule will allow her to attend fighter practice more regularly. I¹m sure she¹ll hand-craft a few dents in my hat before too much longer. =8^]

Respectfully,

-Erik Wulfriksson-
Who is still sitting on a few bruises that Sir Lyonel gave him, thank you very much.