ANST - Re: [IR] Re: [ANST- Ladies Chest Protection

Vanora Villon vanora at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 29 18:48:17 PST 1997

>Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 11:19:21 -0600
>To: ansteorra at Ansteorra.ORG
>From: sharon <sharon at onramp.net>
>Subject: ANST - Re: [IR] Re: [ANST- Ladies Chest Protection
>
>Greets Vanora
>
>I'm a new fighter that has been lurking on these mailing lists for some
>time now. As a new fighter, I've been researching armor what works best
in
>different situations.

"Greets" right back at you! (Folks, this is my shiel-sister posting to
me via ANST. She's new to the fighting but DARN GOOD!)

>My question is...
>
>What is behind the specific rule as to why woman require different
>protection than men do.  Is it a legal liability they fear?

No one seems to REALLY know why the rule is there. Can anyone answer
that?

>I have been
>watching the feedback received from the polls on this subject, and I
think
>its fairly clear that most, if not all, ladies and men support a
prochoice
>position.

True. I've had ONE responce out of many (too many to keep-up with) that
opposed the rule being dropped on women's chest protection. (Karl, are
you keeping-up with this?).

>But the next step seems to be what feeds that ruling, and what is
>required to change it.

True. I only started this poll yesterday... so, I'm gathering the info
to pass along to the authorities. That was step one.

>I would be interested in hearing from Karl and what other powers that
be,
>on what specifically it would take to change this ruling, i.e. medical
>proof, legality of standardization, etc.

Step two. That's a big can-do!

>From what i've seen posted, it seems there is adequate information to
>support the medical issue, and possibly documentation should be
>gathered.

No, actually, people have been saying the same things and volunteering
documentation on the issue. Heck, just last week there was a story on
the national-level news about women boxers. They, too, are required to
wear chest protection. Guess what they did... went to the American
Cancer Society to get their documentation to prove the lack of danger.

>have not seen any issues on a legal standpoint, or if thats even
needed.

One word... waivers.

>Vanora, can you get from Karl what is needed to move to the next step?

He's quite busy and knows I'm at his disposal to help this change along.
I talk to him ever chance I get... I'll double check with him, again.
What IS the next move? We ladies, the knights who support us, and others
who wish to join-in (many are already helping by posting their
opinions)... we need to speak with Their Majesties about this. (We
already know how our queen feels about it by her earlier post). We are
working with people who have busy shedules and they are aware of our
wishes. We must work with them and understand they can't just jump right
on immediately. It will be done, soon.

>Vivaine Isabeau Taarnfalk
>Barony of Elfsea, Ansteorra

~Lady Vanora Villon de Paris~