ANST - Whips in the SCA????

E.Preston III & Shelly K. Walker wf3 at icok.net
Fri Sep 5 13:28:36 PDT 1997

HL. Fionnagain Dubh. I was once (you may or may not recall) the
> Kingdom Bard of Ansteorra. However, that time has passed (An the crowd
> cheered).

Yes, you are well remembered.

>    My reason for posting here is to generate feedback concerning single tail
> whips in the SCA.

I, for one, enjoy a good demonstration of whip usage, and think it could
easily adapt to a competition. Sadly, everyone *thinks* they know how to
snap a whip without hurting bystanders. The whip should be treated like
any other weapon and not trotted out in crowded places. I hope you
continue your teaching and demonstrating.
Ly. Britta the Red
Gnomon Vale
--
                   THERE ARE ( ALMOST ) ALWAYS POSSIBILITIES