ANST - Ideas for a new style A&S c

STASYAD at aol.com STASYAD at aol.com
Sun Sep 7 16:31:12 PDT 1997

I would like to replay to the A & S competition complaints.  If you haven't
displayed in the last two years you may want to try it again.  The laurels
have been working very hard to correct situations where the judging has not
been constructive.  Every competition I have been to in the last year and
half the judges have been required to sign their name to any critique that
they write.  We are trying very hard to phase everything in a positive way.
 If we find out about judges who leave bloody footprints we go to the
offending person and have a serious discussion on judging techniques.  The
last two Kingdom A & S competions have been were your item was judged on it's
own merrits not against the next guy piece.   We have seriously been trying
to promote a better feel about the A & S competitions.  Seriously Laurels are
human too.  We are not perfect.  Contrary to popular belief we don't know
everything about every subject.  Sometimes a entry gets bypassed because we
don't know a thing about that art form and we hope the next judge does.  I
know if I am running the competition I will go back through to make sure that
every item has at least some feed back on it.  My belief is I try never to
write anything on a form that I would be upset if it was written on my
judging sheet.  I have received some of those nasty forms back myself and
don't ever want to see anyone receive them.  We have lost too many promising
artist to critizisium that was malicious not constructive.

Seriously try A & S again we are trying very hard to be fair to all the
artists.  You deserve a fair and honest evalutation for your effort and
bravery in entering a piece that you invested with your self.

In service to the dream,

Mistress Anastassia Mikailovna Donskoi