ANST - New noncombat topic

Martha Lee Nichols mnichols at tenet.edu
Sun Sep 7 21:11:15 PDT 1997

In answer to Ulrica and Marthe (my Lady) problems in A&S competions or
displays.  It seems that alot of artisans get lost in the suffle or
treated in offending manner.  I will claim to have been among this group
before and AFTER I was made a Laurel.  As a 3rd generation saddlemaker
this means I grew up working with leather.  I have to win a competetion
which is not a big deal but have been told it was not period by a expert
seamtress or some other non-qualified judge or person.  With my background
and now peerage it seems that Laurels would ask for my help judging or
advice but even Laurels that know me and my works don't come to me and
ask.  Marthe displayed her craft at Laurels Prize and about the only
Laurels who slowed down as they went by were brought by a friend purposely
to look at her display.

Master Cadwallader