ANST - stained glass info

Mark Harris mark_harris at risc.sps.mot.com
Mon Sep 8 11:52:31 PDT 1997

For those interested in stained glass history and construction, including
the gentle who had entered their work in the recent A&S contest, you
might want to look for this book:

"Stained Glass - An Illustrated History" by Sarah Brown. 1992, Cresent
Books. ISBN 0-517-06967-9.

This 176 page book has many color photographs of medieval stained
and painted glass including close-ups.

I believe I originally bought it at half-priced books for my
sister-in-law who is not in the SCA but does stained glass as a hobby.
I liked the book so much I went back and bought myself a copy. I
remember inviting her to teach a class on stained glass at one of
my monthly A&S classes  because I was unaware of any folks doing any
glasswork in the Known World other than Master Erik in Trimaris.

So, I am happy to see some folks interested in this craft. Someday
it is something I want to try.

There is also a little bit of info on stained glass and glass etching
in my glasswork-msg file.

Stefan li Rous
markh at risc.sps.mot.com