ANST - Sumptuary laws (lots o' stuff)

Dottie Elliott macdj at onr.com
Wed Sep 17 22:02:56 PDT 1997

Dennis and/or Dory Grace 9/17/97 5:30 PM
>Incidentally, I've received a private missive suggesting that the sumptuary
>laws, such as they are, may be found in the Herald's Handbook.  Where
>signed by the Sovereign, Consort, and Kingdom Seneschal (according to
>Ansteorran Kingdom Law) this handbook is supposed to be law.

There are evidently any number of kingdom laws hidden in various
handbooks including the seneschal, treasurer's and hearlds.

I do NOT believe kingdom laws belong in officer handbooks.  Laws belong
where they are EASILY seen by all (ie the Kingdom Laws booklet).

Officer handbooks should contain information on how the laws affect that
officer and how the officer should do their job.

Baroness Clarissa di Firenze
Seneschal, Barony of Bryn Gwlad, Kingdom of Ansteorra