ANST - Sumptuary laws (lots o' stuff)

stddly at SHSU.edu stddly at SHSU.edu
Thu Sep 18 01:04:30 PDT 1997

Heilsa all Right and Good Ansteorrans...

Kief here...pondering as I write from HL Lorraine's account.

>Dottie Elliott wrote:
>
>> There are evidently any number of kingdom laws hidden in various
>> handbooks including the seneschal, treasurer's and hearlds.
>>
>> I do NOT believe kingdom laws belong in officer handbooks.  Laws belong
>> where they are EASILY seen by all (ie the Kingdom Laws booklet).
>>
>> Officer handbooks should contain information on how the laws affect that
>> officer and how the officer should do their job.
>>
>> Baroness Clarissa di Firenze
>> Seneschal, Barony of Bryn Gwlad, Kingdom of Ansteorra
>
>Having been bitten by this in the past, I heartily agree.  Now, how do
>we go about consolidating all the bits into one place and keeping them
>there?
>
>--Perronnelle

Excellent question! How about writing the Crown and the Kingdom Seneschal and
requesting that all of Kingdom Law be put into one "book".

Of course, you need to know that the _Marshal's Handbook_ in it's entirety is
part of Kingdom Law... So, how do we fund the publication and mailing of this
tome? One of the reasons that KL is "scattered" about in different publications
is that much of the information is of limited interest to the community at
large. Hmmmm...why not have a list published in the _Black Star_ and in the
"general issue" of Kingdom Law of all the different "locations" of the segments
of KL... Then folk that are interested in the different parts can order them
from the Kingdom Stock Clerk... This would allow the publication of the main
body of KL and the general mailing of same, and let everyone get the
specialized segments as their interests dictate.

Food for thought...

Wael Thu Hael kinfolk

Sir Kief