ANST - Order of the Pelican...

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Mon Sep 22 09:21:12 PDT 1997

> It was the last item of a very late court; I don't believe too much can
> be drawn from such a single instance.

Damn. *wink*

> Sorry Pug, despite appearances, neither the Laurels nor the
> Chivalry number in the "millions".

I truly appreciate the references to other isntances of low attendance
by peerages. This certainly does help ease my mind some.

It does make me a bit curious of why more are not present when peerages
are announced then. These individuals being raised to the ranks must
have friends within the circles or at least advocates. If not just the
plane desire of people to be there for others. Since I assume that these
are not such trivial issues that members of the Orders wouldn't want to
show their support of the individuals.

> Besides, I happen to believe that, Their Majesties having invoked
> his memory a short while earlier in court, William Blackfox was there
> in spirit;  I'm willing to be content with that.

I think that is truly a wonderful attendee.

Ciao,