ANST - Order of the Pelican...

Mike C. Baker kihe at rocketmail.com
Tue Sep 23 08:07:30 PDT 1997

> (Is it just me or do I regularly just not understand
> what the hell is going on with the Peerages? *shrug*)

Pug, I don't believe that many of the members of the
Peerages understand what is going on within their own
Circle, much less the other two. (And heaven help the
double- and triple-Peers!)

I may, of course, be wrong. However, so long as we have
situations where a hand-full of disgruntled peers
within any given circle can block the promotion of
any given candidate for any, or no, reason at all,
there will continue to be confusion as to the process.

And -- HEAR ME WELL -- even if this is *not* currently
the case, it is still the *perception* of circumstances
in the Ansteorran peerage circles from denizens of the
Kingdom outside their confines. As long as that
perception continues, we will continue to have long-
standing jokes about people with the abilities and
attitudes of peers who just don't have the danglie,
who cannot in good faith or conscience adopt the
attitude apparently expected of a peer candidate.

There is *some* indication that matters have been
getting better in this respect recently. I don't know
that they are in reality better, or if it is just
another matter of perception.

I do believe that "the bar" against which actions and
attitudes and abilities have been judged has the
appearance of being almost impossibly high in the
instance of the higher-level service awards, particularly
the Pelican. I also have seen indications that more
and more service *IS* being recognized where it counts
most -- in the minds and hearts of the populace as a
whole.

Now, it is time for me to go back and consider well
some award recommendations that I should have already
mailed...

just as soon as I finish physical relocation of
my domicile.

===
Pax ... Kihe / Adieu -- Amra / TTFN -- Mike
Kihe Blackeagle / Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra /
Mike C. Baker       F.O.B. (Friend Of Blackfox)
My opinions are my own -- no one else would want them!