ANST - Re: Pelicans

HseTrinity at aol.com HseTrinity at aol.com
Wed Sep 24 17:33:30 PDT 1997

 A Laurel can teach brush, needle, and spoon strokes.  What would a Pelican
teach?  At the risk of becoming overly philosophical, it seems in many ways
that service is an innate thing waiting for expression and not a skill to be
developed.  Perhaps
the Chivalry and Laurels are recognized for what they _DO_ and Pelicans are
recognized for who they _ARE_, something diffiult to see and often
uncomfortable
to recognize.

I agree with this point to a degree. I believe that all Peers are recognized
for both what they do AND what/who they are. As both an apprentice and a
protege, I refer to the words my Mistress spoke when she asked me to become
her student. As her apprentice, she wished to teach me her skills and
knowledge in the Arts and Sciences.  As her protege', she stated that she saw
the potential within me to become a Pelican, and so wished to take me as her
student to help me to cultivate those qualities.  I can only hope someday to
live up to her faith in me.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Baroness Suzanne G. M. Beraud
House Trinity