ANST - New noncombat topic

Tim Lozos dentim at myriad.net
Fri Sep 5 12:22:45 PDT 1997

'ello all....
Sir Gunter said.......

>I'm afraid I must disagree with you here, old bean.  While I agree that it is
>perfectly okey-dokey for Laurels to enter A&S competitions, the analogy of a
>double-elimination list is incorrect.  In your example, Timo won a double-elim
>tourney.  He did not defeat Duke Mikael, HRM Kein, or anyone other than the
>opponents he faced.  In many fighting tournies the big guns often take out each
>other or have an off day or whatever.

Very true, (ya beat me to it, Sir) in any tourney there are opponents you do
not face. Steppes had 85 gentles in the list, I fought 10.

>Now if there were an A&S competition where each entrant's goods were paired
against
>another entrant's and then the winner chosen for the next round...

That would be too cool! We could have pairings announced and everything. How
about  in the finals haveing a short oral explanation of the piece by both
"combattants"?
timo
darnedfashionablefeelprivaledgedtobealefty