ANST - Elfsea Defender Tourney & Galen's Pelican Ceremony

Mitchell, Paul (DALLAS) Mitchell at dallas.genphysics.com
Tue Sep 23 12:18:00 PDT 1997

This time a year ago, as I recall, we were discussing just what would a
"Chivalric Camp" be.  Yes, it's time once again for

Elfsea Defender Tourney!

Same site as usual, this coming weekend.  I hope you'll come.

Find out more about activities, cost and location at:
http://www.uta.edu/student_orgs/sca/defender.htm

As you may have heard, I will be elevated to the Order of the
Pelican there; I welcome your counsel at my vigil on Friday
evening.  On Saturday, at the ceremony itself, we're going to
try something different.  When the King asks "Who will speak
for this man?", he won't just be looking for a knight or a laurel
but for anyone and everyone who'd like to speak.  My thought
with this is that, as Pelican-work is so often overlooked, perhaps
the testimony of many witnesses might create an impression
of what sort of work goes into this peerage.  There's no
way to orchestrate this, but I'm hoping that many people for
whom I may have been of some small service will briefly
say so, as well as some who know of the bigger projects
I've taken on over the years.  This could be a disaster, but
it could also be really neat.  You are welcome to take part.

Travel well,

 - Galen of Bristol
pmitchel at flash.net (hm)
mitchell at dallas.genphysics.com (wk)