ANST - Sword Facts (Long)

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Tue Apr 7 12:10:31 PDT 1998

Larkin quoted and wrote:
>> The Court shall consist of an odd number of justices numbering no
>> less than three, to be appointed by the Crown.

> HRM could appoint

No, TM could appoint.  "Crown" = "King and Queen".  "HRM"
is a notion devised when there were imperial Majesties to be
distinguished from garden-variety plain royal Majesties and
should be stomped out in the SCA pronto.  Not that I have a strong
opinion on this, mind you ...

> could appoint any odd number of people

Or odd people, for that matter.  I see no reason why it'd have
to be knights.  In a period-style Court of Chivalry dealing
with coats of arms, I could see it being non-knights
(Star Principal Herald and assistants, say).

Daniel "not that we can expect a period-style Court of Chivalry,
even tho it might help cut down on the 'COURT OF CHIVALRY!
AIIIIII!' reflex" de Lincolia
Tim McDaniel.   Reply to tmcd at crl.com; if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com
is work account.  tmcd at tmcd.austin.tx.us ... is wrong tool.  Never use this.