ANST - Re: the First Principality Meeting

Stonewall Van Wie III svanwie at davlin.net
Wed Apr 8 18:13:53 PDT 1998

> /(3C) Yet another reason I have heard is that, really, folk had not
> /considered including *any* of the Coastal groups.  However, Seawinds
> /specifically is petitioning to be included
>
> I would not assume that a note from someone in the group, even with the
> permission of the seneschal should be "officially" considered a petition
> I would think that it would take at least the knowledge of the populace
> of a group and not the decision of 2 officers for a "petition" to be
> considered "valid".

Since I wrote the note to Her Excellency at the request of the Seneschal of
Seawinds, perhaps some clarification iis in order.  I did not "petition" on
behalf of the shire to be included in a principality.  Neither I or the
Seneschal have that authority.  I did ask, inasmuch as we were having our own
event and could not attend the discussion, that Baroness Jehanne express our
interest in being included in the discussion.  The whole question came up
between populace meetings and would certainly have to be presented to the to
the populace as a whole.  However, Romanus presented the question at fighter
practice last night and I would say that most were interested in pursuing the
issue.

> /  which means that in order for
> /them to be included, La March Savage must also be.
>
> Who first heard about it last weekend (and whose name was included in
> the letter for HE Jehane to present WITHOUT their knowledge or permission)
> And are not thrilled that someone outside their group "spoke for them".

I did not speak for them.  In fact, I specifically said I could not speak for
either La Marche Sauvage or River Tree.  I did suggest that they might want to
be consulted and pointed out the fact that if the principality became kingdomm
we three shires would have to drive through the kingdom to reach most of our
kingdom events.

Willem
----
Stonewall Van Wie III         svanwie at davlin.net