ANST - Re: [Mid] Constables, warfare, and politics...

Berwyn LordBerwyn at ibm.net
Mon Apr 13 00:56:26 PDT 1998

>  Discourse on the nature of constabulary work within the Society, its
> similarities and differences from law enforcement and traditional security
> work, and the populace's expectations of its constabulary.

The Middle Kingdom has no "constabulary".  Some of the larger camping
events will have someone in charge of security or public safety, but
there is not a standing office charged with that.  Mainly what I've
seen this person doing is making sure nobody's tent is too close to a
fire pit.  There is no similarity at all to law enforcement or
traditional security.  I've only been at one event in the Midrealm
where there was a disturbance, (drunk mundanes crashing our event)
and that was solved by the autocrat  calling the local sheriff dept.
 If you happen to be  in Northshield and mention Constabulary, people
will think of the Order of the Constabulary, which is a principality
martial award.

Berwyn
=======
     ***  Alteribus diebus gallinam, alteribus pennas  ***
     ***  (Some days chicken, some days feathers)      ***
             Lord Berwyn AEthelbryght of Ackley
           Rudivale Shire, Northshield, Midrealm
 Bert Garwood    Grand Forks, ND  lordberwyn at ibm.net