ANST - Belts and their meaning.( long)

Jodi McMaster jmcmaste at accd.edu
Sat Apr 18 12:44:56 PDT 1998

Michael Peters wrote:
> The King (Count Mahadi)speak about how wonderful Lillies had been. A
> lady whom I do not know and who apparently did not know either of us not
> only"drafted" the two of us (among others) for tent construction, but
> also refered to us as pack animals. As Mahadi is a friend of ours we
> were pleased to help...him. We were not thanked only dismissed. As a
> result I avoided Mahadi due to the company he was keeping for the rest
> of his reign.

Not to defend rudeness, but I think sometimes people believe that this
is in keeping with persona play.  Although chivalric ideals were
emulated then and in the current middle ages, there is little doubt that
people of rank or entrusted to speak for those of rank abused their
power--with mere rudeness or more.  Although some may be simply boorish
or socially challenged, it seems to be easier to treat it as a form of
play and respond in kind--sometimes with exaggerated deference.

AElfwyn