ANST - Martial Arts

Paul Mitchell pmitchel at flash.net
Mon Apr 20 14:53:32 PDT 1998

SCOTT A WAGGONER wrote:

> What I ask is the following information.
>
> SCA fighting style and rank(if any)
> Mundane martial arts training( style, rank, #years, etc)
> any job related training or experience (military,police,boucer)

Galen of Bristol here!
SCA Chivalric "heavy weapons" combat:  Viscount, Knight
SCA Duello "light weapons" combat:  minimal experience
Mundane martial arts experience:  None
Any job-related training or experience:  None

I have found that what I learn on the heavy field
transfers nicely to the light field.

I believe that the most important factor in
becoming a skilled fighter is how much effort you
put into your training.  This is not the only factor,
but I have to believe that there is a causal relationship
between the fact that the best fighters in the kingdom
are the hardest-working.

- Galen