ANST - German Heraldry and Other Problems

Lenny Zimmermann zarlor at acm.org
Tue Apr 21 13:10:06 PDT 1998

On Tue, 21 Apr 1998 9:18:43 -0500, Marc/Diarmaid O'Duinn wrote:

>(Forwarded from Rec.Org.Sca)
>
>I need some help here.  [snip]
>So.  If you've had trouble passing a historically documentable style of
>Heraldry, please let me know -- either here, or by private mail.  I
>would like to know what it was, when you submitted it and in what
>Kingdom.

I would suggest that there a quite a few documentable forms of
heraldry that the college will not allow. The instance I can easily
cite would be for metal on metal. A rule barely herd of, let alone
followed, in Italay, Hungary and Portugal. Even in English heraldry,
where this "law of heraldry" is supposedly immutable, you will find it
more common to see metal on metal occuring than vert on metal. (If you
can obtain it "Argent and Or" by Bruno Heim is an excellent piece that
discusses this topic in-depth.)

Honos Servio,
Lionardo Acquistapace, Bjornsborg
(mka Lenny Zimmermann, San Antonio)