ANST - more POSITIVE to counter the negative

KochKA at gvl.esys.com KochKA at gvl.esys.com
Tue Apr 21 07:44:01 PDT 1998

>Stefan li Rous pondered:
>>Hmmm. Why is it that when the argument of whether the Knights ever do
>>kitchen work comes up, the recent 12th night is mentioned? Is it so
>>unusual to see knights in the kitchen that anytime it happens, that
>>it sticks in peoples memories and they make particular note of it?
I suspect that the reason it was so noteworthy wasn't the *presence* of
knights in the kitchen, but the *number* of knights in the kitchen -
nine, if I remember correctly.  I have certainly seen knights in
kitchens at lots of other events (Barn and Lyonel leap immediately to
mind, and heaven knows, I couldn't keep Gunthar out of the kitchen if I
wanted to).

>>I am concerned when this gets headlined like a one-hundred
>>year flood, however.
I'm not too worried about the participation level of our Chivalry.  I
don't know a single knight who *only* fights.  Sure, they're a bunch of
dumb stick-jocks, but they're a talented, hard-working bunch of dumb
stick-jocks.  ;)  They're all involved in service or A&S (or both) in
some way.  I think sometimes we tend to forget that because of the white
>belts.

HL Thyra
Lady to Sir Gunthar Jonsson, and admittedly a little biased :)