ANST - sites and misuse of hospitality ...

Amberglyph Amberglyph at aol.com
Tue Apr 28 17:59:55 PDT 1998

In a message dated 4/28/98 12:56:09 PM Central Daylight Time, jyeates at bga.com
writes:

<< just slapping down a site fee should never be considered a
 carte-blanche to mis-use the basic tenants of hospitality.   and one
 of those basics is respect the wishes of your hosts.

 'wolf

	I'm certain that no one is advocating being "bad guests".  Or that landlords
have no rights to set restrictions on the use of their property.  However,
when the restrictions become burdensome, one is forced to start shopping for a
"home" of one's own.  Not an easy decision to make, and bound to be costly,
but sometimes necessary.   Now, the problem with a Kingdom the size of
Ansteorra is that we'd need at least half a dozen sites scattered around Texas
and Oklahoma so that none of our populace felt as if "their" funds were being
used for a site they had no practical access to.  This would add up fast.
	I suppose we could become landlords ourselves and rent out the sites whenever
they weren't reserved by an SCA group, but I don't know what the tax
consequences might be, or the administrative headaches.

Oriana