ANST - Belts and their meaning..

maddie teller-kook meadhbh at io.com
Wed Apr 8 21:15:57 PDT 1998

Stefan,
Here I have to disagree. While it is true, the belt colors are not reserved.  There
is a long standing tradition that those colors (red = squire, green= apprentice and
now yellow = protege) are used to represent these individuals.
So, in wearing a red belt, you will most likely be approached and told the belt
color is for a squire, apprentice, etc. What you decide to do with the information
is, well, up to you. And you want to be known as a non-conformist, argumentative
grouch, that is your choice.

meadhbh