ANST - Belts and their meanings

John Ruble jruble at urocor.com
Thu Apr 9 07:20:54 PDT 1998

Alban stated:
> As for 4: there's a good word for this. It's called a "favor". I don't
> wear a
> green belt from my Laurel (not that she'd give me one, and not that I
> would if she did, since  both of us know that green looks hideous with
> every piece of garb I own). What I do wear now is an amber necklace from
> her; a number of people have come up to admire it, and asked where I got
> it, so it serves as effectively as a symbol of my fealty to her as her
> badge on
> a belt would. (And when it arrives, I'll be wearing an embroidered favor
> as
> well; she's an embroidery-plus-stuff Laurel, and some things just take
> more
> time <grin>.)

Hear, hear!  My Laurel never gave me a belt.  He and I figured this bond was
between us and anyone who asked.  Now, I frequently wear his castoff
clothing, and anyone who knew him will recognize them.  When I don them, I
am reminded of his teachings and the thoughts he made known to me, and I try
to act accordingly.  I guess it serves the purpose...

Ulf