ANST - P word = K word

Mike C. Baker kihe at ticnet.com
Mon Apr 13 23:23:44 PDT 1998

Cameron Lewis wrote, challenging my choice of vocabulary:

> Mike C. Baker wrote:
> > Like it or not, there will be no real Mugwump award given when it comes
> > time to vote for real in the binding plebiscite(s) required as part of the
> > application process for Principality status.
> I am an art teacher because I draw and paint well and can show others
> how.  I don't even own a dictionary.  If your plebiscites are in a bind
> you might try washing them in a nice gentle detergent and then a good
> fabric softener and that should keep them from binding on you.

Sir Alrek, I can only give one obvious response to that logic: Pbbbbbbbt!

(Luckily, I wasn't sipping a drink at the time I read that lovely item. Several
points for style, some subtractions for timing...)

<gryn>

Awright, working definition of "plebiscite" (from memory, and therefore what was
meant when I wrote the original): a vote taken by a given population which will
fundamentally change the governement or governmental structure under which said
population will live. Not just a poll, but a complete balloting of the
_franchised_ voters. In SCA plebiscites, the franchise rests with the paid
membership.

(Pre-emptive strike, now that I've been warned and am prepared:

franchised = entitled to vote on a given matter)

(TBD, unless someone dug out a ruling while I wasn't paying attention, is what
level of payment comprises membership for voting purposes. Associate and above
certainly, but last I saw there was some debate yet as to the Family
memberships...)

Amra/Kihe/Mike