ANST - P, K words = Radical Suggestion

Mike C. Baker kihe at ticnet.com
Tue Apr 14 14:47:09 PDT 1998

Gosh darn it, Ulf, you wnet and filled in a blank I meant to -- and forgot in
the midst of expounding upon the theory.

John Ruble wrote:

> Amra said:
>         ...I propose that all those Ansteorrans who wish to form
> > principalities based in essence upon the current regions cooperate to
> > create ONE boiler-plate set of documents.
> And I say: We have one.  The Laws of the Kingdom of Ansteorra.

Presactly. Thanks for catching this. In building an Ansteorran-identified
structure, it only make sense to use THE structure of Ansteorra.

> Principality laws will have to be quite a bit different, I'm sure.  But the
> basic structure should reflect what the Mother Kingdom has done.  Each
> region will undoubtedly diverge greatly from any "boilerplate template" you
> try to hand them.  It is in the very nature of the individualists who make
> up the Average SCAdian.  If such a document were handed to me, I would
> naturally try to phrase it and structure it along the lines of the medieval
> Icelandic and Norse laws.  I've no doubt Don Robyn and Master Da'ud would
> come up with two completely different versions, one English based and one
> Arabic.  You hand someone a template and tell them to add to it, and that is
> what they will do.

You probably don't want to know how fevered my imagination could make it.

Although there is one component of the old Icelandic system that could be neat.
Too bad our modern memories aren't always up to the task....

> Another thought occurred to me: will Kingdom Law have to change? And by how
> much?

"Yes", and "remains to be seen".

Fairly substantial additional section(s), assorted minor adjustments in most of
the rest, and the verbiage dealing with the current regional structure would
need serious attention.

Amra/Kihe/Mike
COBOL Sr P/A for Hire (Two client site interviews down, two scheduled. Ya-hoo!)