ANST - Martial Arts

Mike C. Baker kihe at ticnet.com
Mon Apr 20 19:46:27 PDT 1998

(I'm coming back up to speed after an e-mail glitch related to not
being in daily use of account. Mea culpa, and if anyone is expecting
a response from last Tuesday on, bear with me while my Inbox
gets snail-mailed to me...Amra, working from the questions Kief
quoted.)

stddly at SHSU.edu wrote:

> Heilsa Mayne...
> Kief here...
> You typed...
> >What I ask is the following information.
> >SCA fighting style and rank(if any)

Heavy weapons: basket-hilt bastard, two-hander, some spear, some florentineRapier:
Rapier, rapier&dagger, rapier&cloak, dagger, dagger&dagger
Boffer: (back when it was still common / permitted) Yes...
(No awards specifically for fighting arts; not currently active on the field
except as herald / marshall / support services; need to update my
authorizations)

> >Mundane martial arts training( style, rank, #years, etc)

Boxing, incidental, middle school P.E.Wrestling, incidental, middle school P.E.
Tae kwan do, introductory only
Kendo, introductory only (never advanced to armor)
Judo, incidental techniques learned while studying aikido
Tomiki aikido, "advanced" green belt (had to drop out just before
ready for brown testing), less than 2 years active training
[AFTER learning SCA combat styles]
Collegiate fencer (non-electric foil), OSU Intercollegiate Team, 1 year plus
[PRIOR to SCA training]

> >any job related training or experience (military,police,boucer)

Technically, no.  In practice, informally -- but primarily in terms of
non-violentconflict resolution techniques.
--
For "official" purposes: Mike C. Baker
For "fun": Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra (SCA)