ANST - Hockey/fighting?!?

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Wed Apr 22 16:22:11 PDT 1998

On 22 Apr 98 at 9:23, Evan Paul Langlinais wrote:

> > reference: Urban Animals .. Houston ... 'early 80's till ??? ...
> > local skate-clanns who were "infected" by SCAdian combat virus by
> > certain individuals who shall be nameless .. check out Houston
> > Chronicle back issues for articles and photo's on the phenomena
>
> I haven't thought of the Urban Animals in years!  I used to have a
> bunch of friends who did that.  I was too young of course.

still have my shirts, a pair of trashed "quads", and run into some of
the group that moved here (austin)  when out and about in clubland ...
have found that being able to maneuver quads does not translate well
to blades (probably away from things for too long ... but giving it
another shot - almost have arm & elbow repaired enough to try again )

> <mastication>
> > have tried "rollar hockey" in the past ... how's about
> > rollar-hurley (++g) ... use the river as a starting point ... with
> > a north and
>   ^^^^^
> YKYBHangingOutWithTooManyUNIXGuysWhen:  You read that as g++, and
> try to imagine programming a hurley game...in UNIX!

short-hand for "double-plus" ... not to far off, the programming
types are heavy into "extreme" sports.

methinks such a undertaking (wide ranging rollar hurley) would take
off like a shot around here .... hang out at certain spots, post in
the skate shops,  and in a week or so you would have serious teams
forming ... would be easy to craft and direct into clann/tribe
oriented contests ... and would get the local police annoyed
*quickly* ..... ahhh, brings back old memories of houston (g)

'wolf
... the street finds uses for things