ANST - sites and misuse of hospitality ...

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Tue Apr 28 12:16:35 PDT 1998

Alan J. Boertjens wrote:

> The point was made that Ansteorra was too big geographically
> to have one permanent site that could be accessible for everyone.
> Hmm....what better reason for becoming a principality and eventually
> a separate kingdom.
>
> ~Ld.Johan Bjornsson

Hmm. And whose point are you refering to? If you are referring to my
message in this thread, that was NOT what I said. I said:

>This idea is much more workable for Trimaris than for Ansteorra due
>to the much larger size of Ansteorra.

I didn't say Ansteorra was too big. I said it would be more difficult
to do it here than in Trimaris. I do however think it is likely to
be unworkable because groups in Oklahoma are not going to want to
hold their events six hours away here in central Texas. And vice-versa
for those of us down here. The groups that seem to be having the most
success with their landfunds, the West Kingdom and Trimaris happen to
be some of the most compact kingdoms, at least when you exclude far
off principalities.

As to the comment on this being a good reason for splitting the kingdom,
you better figure out how you are going to handle this before setting
up a landfund. When the new kingdom splits off, does it get the landfund?
Does the original kingdom? Remember these are best set up as seperate
non-profit organizations. I, for one, would get a bit peeved if I lost
access to a site I had worked for and donated money for, just because
of a kingdom split.

Ld. Stefan li Rous
Barony of Bryn Gwlad
Southern Region