ANST - Re: TMT - we NEED a new site!

Reba Hubbard rebagoldenhaired at juno.com
Tue Apr 28 20:35:43 PDT 1998

In responce to the item below,  I wish to add add what I can to the
wealth of knowledge....

Yours in Service to the Society,
Lady Rebecca the Goldenhaired

On Tue, 28 Apr 1998 09:28:58 -0500 "Alan J. Boertjens"
<a-boertjens1 at ti.com> writes:

>It has been many years since the Trimarian land fund was established.
>What is its current status.

Still collecting donations as of just before Christmas.  I added a small
amount to it at that time from some private fundraising as a merchant.

>What amounts are in the fund.

I recall several thousand dollars, around four or five thousand.  HL Cara
should know.

>What amounts are needed to purchase a site capable of holding
Kingdom-sized events (with adequate parking).

Here I can help.  I too have spent many years researching these topics.
Suggested is a minimum of 25 acres, preferably 100.  Reality says we
should begin by using the sites we do use as a guide.  I do not know
about Wewa, but our more cramped sites I have been told when I asked are
from about 10 to 25 acres in size.  See commentary below for more on
cost...

>What can be done to expedite activities for it to reach its goals of
having a permanent SCA site which is owned and operated by Trimaris.

This will require everyone to make the sacrifices in time, money, even
labor to acheive.  How many people not only participated, but really
tried to sell those raffle tickets that were the last big fund raiser for
the Land Fund?  (I made a small effort, and found myself in third place
in numbers sold.)  The responce was shameful.  Entire shires sent back
the raffle books untouched, with no attempt to sell them.  I kept in
touch with the project, and was saddened by the lack on intrest and
enthusiasim for this wonderful idea for so noble a cause.  Note that the
first place winner, sold most of the tickets he won with, at the last
minuite, at the event the raffle was held at.  I believe he had not been
told of the raffle, found out about it at the event, decided to try, and
sold the most tickets.

I like the dollar surcharge for the land fund idea, or how about adding
the three dollar nonmember surcharge to the fund.  Fund raising for this
kind of project needs to become second nature, not just when its need is
brought to the forefront.  And everyone must support it, from the newest
beginner to the oldest member.

Well these are my thoughts thus far,