ANST - More from the Chemical De-peanut Gallery

jhartel jhartel at net-link.net
Thu Apr 30 14:20:59 PDT 1998

> Lyonel wrote:

(Large snip)> Anyone who says to her/himself, "I'm going to have
> a beer because it's my duty to the society to uphold this fine tradition,"
> is in desperate need of intervention.
>
> lo vostre por vos servir
> Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace

Well said Good Knight!  Having drank WAY more than my share of alcohol
at events in my earlier years I now realize how much fun can be had sans
alcohol.  I do feel that "most" autocrats have a tough decision in
choosing a wet/dry site.  Sometimes though, due to cost or perhaps just
availability, a dry site is a must.  If this cheapens or lessens the SCA
for some than perhaps they should find a new hobby where drinking is
allowed all of the time.

Just my 2 pence worth,
Moriel***