ANST - Dry sites will annoy the chemically dependent

Dennis and/or Dory Grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Apr 30 21:08:27 PDT 1998

Johan wrote:
>You guys have completely missed the point!
>
>This is an issue of tolerance.
>(not alcohol tolerance, but tolerance of alcohol).

Well, you did basically say you won't tolerate an event without alcohol.

>The banning of alcohol at events is being driven by the site owners,
>YMCA and Boy Scouts, who are in the back pocket of the Christian
>right!
>
>Being Christian organizations, they have deep pockets and steady revenue
>sources...they can afford to buy the campsites and thus impose their
>will upon groups such as ours.

Oh my. There wouldn't happen to have been any black or purplish areas on
some rye bread you might have had with your brew, would there?

>Its plain and simple, we need to get out from under their influence.

And stay, instead, under the sheltering influence of alcohol, where it's
much cosier and safer, eh?

I'm sure you have no idea how extremely paranoid your post sounds. Yes, I'm
sure various and sundry conspiracies abound in our great land of freedom,
but when you develop a conspiracy theory out of fear of not being able to
drink alcohol at any given time and/or place, and when the ability to
freely consume alcohol dictates where you spend your time and money--rather
than the people and the activities--I think it might be time to re-evaluate
some priorities.

I wish you well and luck.

Aquilanne

Dory Grace--The Inkwell