ANST - The Sca and Tandy

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Sat Aug 29 08:40:19 PDT 1998

On 29 Aug 98, at 8:35, Mike C. Baker wrote:

> ... a single pair of used boots can provide strapping
> for a set of hardshell knees or elbows. By careful planning, even a
> striking set of vambraces (consider some of the fancy-tooled boottops
> split on the back seam and re-mounted / grommetted and laced...)

well there goes one well kept secret (grin) ...

due to the way this one walks (on front of the feet) always rough on the
boot soles and when they can no longer be re-soled they get dismantled
and stored for armour use down the road ... the last set of leather
vambraces came from exactly the source you mentioned (dress western
boots) and have a pair of 17" ex-engineer boots awaiting breakdown and
rebuild into the base for a pir of greaves at some point.

garage sales are always a good hunting ground for cheap leather belts that
can be cut into strapping ... curently hunting garage sales on and off for a
golf bag to be used as a weapons tote ...

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves