ANST - Was- SCA Gift ideas-Now Armourers Time

KTMC Radio ktmc at icok.net
Fri Dec 4 16:40:45 PST 1998

I am still relatively new to this, but I've come to think that an
armourer who replies to a query with a reply that it will take them X
number of weeks before they can make your item may be better than the
one who talks about making an item before (fill-in-the-event).
   I had a very positive experience with an Ansteorran Armourer (Lord
Mykaru,) who shipped a set of elbows exactly when he said he would, even
though he was about to leave for this just-past Pennsic. I checked with
him on another item, and was given an up-front answer about how long
before he could get to the custom piece I was inquiring about.
   I have placed a couple of orders elsewhere, and have not had nearly
as prompt shipping. It's important to remember that armourers get things
in their lives that delay them from getting what is probably there
'second-job' out as scheduled, but it's certainly nice when something
arrives exactly as 'advertised.'

   Volstarr