ANST - Classes Available in Ansteorra - Get it Now!

Rikki Mitman esmitman at ghg.net
Tue Dec 15 07:35:17 PST 1998

Greetings, all:

The database of teachers, titled "Classes Available in Ansteorra," has just
under 150 classes in it on a broad variety of topics -- arts, event and
feast management, persona play, history/culture, armor/weapons, etc. While
I anticipate that it will continue to grow, there's certainly enough
selection there for the populace to begin using it.

Please encourage people in your area to contact me for the latest update
when they are planning events. Also, some teachers will come to teach when
there is no event, simply a group gathered at someone's home to learn.

Rather than spread the teachers' personal contact information all over the
kingdom, I created a query that pulls a report on only the class-related
information. I can print this report and mail a dated hard copy to anyone
in the kingdom. I can also export it to a Microsoft Word file and email it
(it's about 231K; not a huge file).

To request a class, contact me. I will immediately contact the teacher. If
the teacher is available, I then provide direct contact information to the
requester and step out of the way. Acting as a sort of "broker" allows me
to keep from broadcasting the teachers' personal information while keeping
track of how well this is working. Also, I am better able to ensure that
the requester is looking at current information.

It's my goal to see at least one class offered at every event. Please think
ahead to your upcoming events (even the small ones) and plan to include a
class or two. I update the database as often as new classes are submitted,
so if it's been a couple of months since you requested a copy, please
request an update.

Oh, and if you haven't added your classes yet, now is good....

In service,

Mistress Teleri ferch Pawl
Barony of the Stargate