ANST - animals

Catherine de Calais ladyhauke at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 13 09:25:40 PST 1998

The primary reason that I hesitate to take my bird to events has to do
with the fact that alot of people, adults and children alike, do not
respect the privacy of our campground.  I do not mind people coming to
admire or comment on the bird, but there have been countless, and I do
mean countless occassions that I have had to ask children and adults
alike not to attempt to touch, poke at etc., my bird, which by the way,
is always tethered, perched and located out of traffic's way, next to my
tent.  I always have a florescent tape barracade defining a parameter
around the bird, and yet people often think this does not apply to them.

I love people admiring and commenting on my bird, I am proud of her and
I feel that her presence greatly enhances events.  I do love children,
and like my bird and other peoples animals,  I feel that if people
follow one basic principle at events, that being respect above all else,
we can all coexist and enjoy each others talents at our events.  It is
not, however, my responsibility to watch out for others animals or
children for that matter, and since I try to be considerate of others by
controling my animal, I think it only fair to expect the same
consideration.

Catherine