ANST - Gulf War Archery Update

harry billings psobaka at mail.myriad.net
Fri Feb 13 17:02:36 PST 1998

>1. Fiberglass arrows are approved for longbows only. We are only
>waiting for the corporate go ahead for crossbows and fiberglass, but
>that probably will not come in time for us to get rules in place for
>Gulf War, so plan on wood shafts for crossbows.

recurve and longbow for fiberglass

>7. To be a combat archer, you must be authorized for Armored Combat
>AND Combat Archery. For the armored combat, see a knight or your
>regional knight's marshal. Karl mostly wants the archers to know the
>rules of the field so they don't do anything stupid and to have
>proper armor; he does not expect us to have to show ability with
>sword and board if we only plan to arch. For the archery
>authorization, see your regional archery marshal.

You copuld come to regional fighter practis in Middleford next week end the
20-22 HL Gilli and I Plachoya Sobaka will be there and bouth of us can
authorize also Loard Talon of Balckoak shuld be there and he is the regional
marshal

>3. Due to the instability and the mass of the arrows we are using, I
>recommend that you fletch with at least 5 inch feathers and use a
>strait fletch. The spin of a ballistic fletch will not really help
>much with our arrows, and it will cost you significant range.

You realy can not put jealical fletch on 1/4 shafts with out some work is
just plane easer to use straight.
Every thing else sounded good to me have fun play nice :-)
Plachoya Sobaka a humble archer in Ravens Fort, Kingdom of Ansteorra