ANST - re: p-word: political considerations

stddly at SHSU.edu stddly at SHSU.edu
Wed Feb 18 11:18:45 PST 1998

Heilsa all Ansteorrans

Kief here typing from HE Lorraine's account...

>  I find myself disagreeing with Tomonaga. There appears to be this
>belief that moves toward Principality are motivated by "those at the top
>"of the pyrimid.

Sorry, in the past there have been a few "principality" movements that did
"start at the top"... Not elsewhere...here. In my opinion, of course.

>The kingdom is flat too big.

Nope, the Kingdom is as big now as it always has been...

>Often those who aspire to
>higher position (I don't) will hear, well you do good work but you don't
>travel enough.

I've also heard, "Well you do good work, but you don't do anything locally..."
Some folks will find fault with anyones efforts...as you say, it's human
nature...

>It is an 8 HOUR drive to Bjornsborg or Stargate from
>Namron. There is too much going on. Look at a kingdom calender. An
>average month has EIGHT events. How can our craftsmen create anything
>when they are constantly traveling? Smaller groups develop stronger ties
>are more enthusiastic and supportive.

Yep, sure is... Well then, limit the number of events in one month, limit the
number of "official" events a group can have per year, reduce the number of
regions...(since chapters in the same region cannot have an event the same
weekend this would reduce the likely hood of having events geographically near
each other, but in different "regions"). Why should our craftspeople travel
constantly? Sometimes the smaller groups are as you say...oft times not
however...

>Yours,
>Lord Mykaru Kurodachi
>Nordsteorra

In service to Ansteorra...

Sir Kief av Kiersted, OP, Baron Raven's Fort (ret.)

"One Star...One Kingdom..."