ANST - re: p-word: political considerations

Michael Peters shdwstel at telepath.com
Wed Feb 18 21:25:05 PST 1998

stddly at SHSU.edu wrote:

> Heilsa all Ansteorrans
>
> Kief here typing from HE Lorraine's account...
>

> Nope, the Kingdom is as big now as it always has been...
>
> >Often those who aspire to
> >higher position (I don't) will hear, well you do good work but you don't
> >travel enough.
>
> I've also heard, "Well you do good work, but you don't do anything locally..."
> Some folks will find fault with anyones efforts...as you say, it's human
> nature...
>
> >It is an 8 HOUR drive to Bjornsborg or Stargate from
> >Namron. There is too much going on. Look at a kingdom calender. An
> >average month has EIGHT events. How can our craftsmen create anything
> >when they are constantly traveling? Smaller groups develop stronger ties
> >are more enthusiastic and supportive.
>
> Yep, sure is... Well then, limit the number of events in one month, limit the
> number of "official" events a group can have per year, reduce the number of
> regions...(since chapters in the same region cannot have an event the same
> weekend this would reduce the likely hood of having events geographically near
> each other, but in different "regions"). Why should our craftspeople travel
> constantly? Sometimes the smaller groups are as you say...oft times not
> however...
>
> >Yours,
> >Lord Mykaru Kurodachi
> >Nordsteorra
>
> In service to Ansteorra...
>
> Sir Kief av Kiersted, OP, Baron Raven's Fort (ret.)
>
> "One Star...One Kingdom..."

  Sir Kief has left about as much ambiguity about his stance as Duke
Kein has about 2 year reigns. We have heard from arelative newbie (my
thanks AElfwyn). I'd like to hear from some of the (other) old dogs out
there. You know those who were active when Ansteorra was a PRINCIPALITY.
Is Duke Jonathan on the list? Vicountess Megan are you monitoring? Did
Ansteorra becoming a principality and then a kingdom rend Atenveldt?
  I certainly DO NOT plan on giving up being an Ansteorran. (My if you
aren't an Ansteorran knight then you aren't s--t! attitude got me in
trouble with a Trimarin named Baldor once). I WILL go to steppes warlord
(I want Timo's pass on goodies) and travel as much as I can. But if
Nordsteorra were to become a Principality I certainly WOULD support it.

Yours,
Lord Mykaru Kurodachi
Ansteorra
Nordsteorra