ANST - P-words...in a nut-shell.

stddly at SHSU.edu stddly at SHSU.edu
Sat Feb 21 07:45:55 PST 1998

Heilsa Johann Kiefer.....! (By-the-by...I _like_ the second name element...!)

Your writings read something like...

<< First, which god/goddess...? >>

>Sorry.   Oversight on my part.

No need to be sorry...just realize that there are more folk in the world that
subscribe to different, or no, deities...

<< Second, family, friends, self...>>

>I can't answer that one at the moment.

I feel that one's family, friends, and self make up he core of one's "country"
the center of one's life... They take on more importance for this reason.

<< Third, which "country" the one the people live in or the one ruled by the
 government?>>

>I assumed it was both, since they're supposed to go hand-in-hand, and are
supposed to be democratic (limited knowledge here).  I am not a fan of
>anarchy.

Ya, true they are supposed to go hand-in-hand... However, these days the
"government" seems more interested in self-service than serving the people of
our country. Since the people make up the basis for government in this country
the only thing that counts is the people... Which are a direct extension of the
second of my priorites"family, friends, and self"...

<< First, the SCA has a policy of no religious recognition... >>

>Again, an oversight.

Again, no real problem... We just, no matter how strong our beliefs, bring our
dieties (diety) directly into SCA matters.... This is not to be read as no
religious context in the Society... I am guided by my religious philosophy and
personal ethics as much as you, or any other religious person is...

<< Second, family, friends, (household)>>

>Well, I suppose that's your deal.  Not much I can say about that.

Same response as before, family, friends, and self make up the core of the
"world" so to speak... Therefore most important...

<< Third, Kingdom.... >>

<< Fourth, Branch >>

<<<Now, what would this say if you can't keep it in that order?>>>

<< For me it would say that I have a completely different set of priorities than
 you... Or perhaps are you implying something else entirely? >>

>Well, I'd probably be way off-base, considering what I grew up in, but the
>basis is that your-diety-of-choice was the one that created the
>government/country you lived in, and that that diety alone can destroy it, so
>that is where your first alliegance lies.

Well, I'm an....interesting mix of beliefs... My religious choice is reflective
of many years of study and philosophic processes... As to the belief that a
diety/dieties created the government/country that I live in... No Way! Both of
those entities were created by men/women... As to the thought that the
diety/dieties are the only things that can destroy the above... Why should they
even notice? Men and women have more than enough "power" to destroy any
government/country... The world, however, will continue no matter what us
mortals do.........

>The second alliegance is because that was the country you lived in and the
>government that admistrated it and was supposed to protect you, so your
>survival and freedom depends on its continued operation.  (Of course, your
>milage may vary).  The other administrative entities are also their for
>similar reasons (with some exceptions).

Members of my family have fought in every war this county ever had, with the
possible exception of the Korean Conflict... The government is _NOT_ protective
of the people...it's the other way around. Without the will of the people, and
their willingness to serve a common cause the government could not, and would,
not exist... The government of the USA and the SCA depends directly on the will
of it's citizens/subjects... The unchecked power of any "government" leads,
without fail given history's examples, to slavery of some sort... Be it of the
body or of the mind... Freedom and free thinking are in your hands, my hands,
in all of our hands.... Vigilance needs must be our watchword...

>The rest I will leave for now.

As shall I... Thank you for the very informative and polite response...

>Lord Johann Kiefer Hayden (Paul E. Kiefer, Jr.)

With respect and warm regards...

Sir Kief av Kiersted  (Lee Cockerham, Jr.)