ANST - re: arrow construction

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Sun Feb 8 07:47:53 PST 1998

On  6 Feb 98 at 20:08, harry billings wrote:

> ... I will also try to bring a straight fletching jig
> (needed to fletch fiberglass shafts for use).

some questions ...

* ... what are the fletching types?
* ... difference in "straight" fletching over other?
* ... performance advantages / disadvantages of the types?
* ... why is "straight" fletching required on fiberglass shafted
      combat arrows vs the other types of fletching?
* ... what is ballpark cost of these jigs?
* ... sources of these jigs?
* ... are convertable (between types) jigs available?
* ... good general sources on arrow construction?

... have some space on the reloading bench for some arrow making
tools ... applying the theory if i have access to a decent supply of
functional arrows, i might get out and shoot more often (bows have
been the rack for too long)

'wolf

... in diversity there is strength