ANST - Q? - War Tabards

Scott Powers spowers at telepath.com
Mon Feb 16 13:14:42 PST 1998

>>Your idea, however, rocks. Full contact standard bearers, with a
>>tourney to decide to bearer? Cool! Somebody bend the king's ear on
>>this one ASAP! Maybe we can slip it into an event before Gulf!
>>
>>Don Dore
>
>Thanks.  Sadly, I am not influential with the King.  Perhaps someone close
>to His Majesty could suggest it.  Actually, one way to do this would be to
>have a mini-tourney at Gulf Wars among the fighters that showed up early
>enough to get in on it.  That would eliminate the need to schedule another
>tourney before Gulf Wars (which would be just about impossible, since the
>March Black Star is mostly printed and will be mailed in three days).

>Rumil

It just occured to me that His Majesty may already have someone in mind to
carry the standard, so we may be getting ahead of ourselves.  Or for that
matter, he may not be planning on using a standard at all in the coming
Gulf War.  Lets not forget that just because some of us think it is a good
idea, its really up to His Majesty.

Rumil