ANST - P-word

Dennis Grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Feb 17 09:03:22 PST 1998

Salut, Cozyns,

Sir Gunthar says:

>It's interesting. Last time the Principality issue came up there was a great
>and raging debate over it. Now, just about every region has or is discussing
>this. Even the Central Region has had serious talks on this issue.
>
>I think this is saying something about Ansteorra. It is more than a "big
fish,
>small pond" attitude. Ansteorra has gotten huge and busy and the groups are
>beginning to feel the need for a little more identity it seems.

Recent events, particularly Steppes 12th Night, have demonstrated the need
for another level of activity in the Kingdom.  Those of us who have lived
in principalities in the past know the symptoms and generally welcome the
coming change.  The question is no longer, "Should Ansteorra have
principalities?" so much as "Where should we set the boundaries for
Ansteorra's principalities?"

>I am all for Principalities because it is time for things to grow. The
fact that
>this keeps popping up seems to show that others think so as well.

I concur.

lo vostre por vos servir
Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace