ANST - The chronicle chronicles

Dennis Grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Feb 18 13:52:58 PST 1998

Salut, Cozyns,

sound worse than it actually is, Rumil says:

>You are probably right about the first things in my post.  However, as a
>former Kingdom Chronicler and current Deputy Kingdom Chronciler (to my
>wife), I can assure you that event announcements sent on time through the
>normal mail, that incur neither overnight charges nor late fees, are rare.
>That extra expense (for the second submission), particularly for small
>groups, would most definately be a hardship.
>
>Of course you could argue that if they just sent them in on time, it would
>not be a big deal.  And you would be right.  But that is not what really
>happens in the real world.  In real life, overworked autocrats who had to
>wait until the last minute to find out some vital piece of information
>before they sent in the event announcement often have great difficulty
>getting the announcements in early enough to use snail mail.

I disagree.  It can be made to happen that way in the real world.  Sounds
like an education problem to me.  Perhaps you or your lady could teach or
arrange a class on scheduling for potential event stewards.  This problem
can be largely (no, probably not completely) resolved with proper planning.

>So, no.  I don't think I am making it sound worse than it really is.

Well, since you're blaming the potential increase in cost on the addition
of a principality chronicle when the real culprit is planning--yes, I think
you are making it sound worse than it is.  This problem needs to be
addressed anyway; the coming of principality chronicles simply provides
further impetus to solve it.

lo vostre por vos servir
Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace

Dennis G. Grace