ANST - P-word

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Fri Feb 20 09:28:54 PST 1998

Pug wrote:
> This is vague, IMO. It says members and not subscribing members. ...

You overlooked the parts of my post that said "the governing
documents are on the SCA corporate web site, http://www.sca.org"
and "don't overlook Corpora part I, which deals with membership".
The latter refers over to the By-Laws.

That stuff is too large to cut-and-paste.  Basically, Bylaws
V.B.1 says that sustaining members can be officers and have
"any other privileges designated by the Society or its
subdivisions as accruing to members of the Society".  4 says
associate members have all membership privileges "except
where another membership type is specifically required by
the organization defining the privilege".  5 says "Family
Membership extends the privileges of Article V.B.4 to the
immediate family of a member defined in paragraphs B.1
through B.3 of this Article, who live at the same physical
address as the member.".

That means a family member is an associate member.  If
something says "member" unmodified, it applies to them.  If
it says "sustaining / subscribing member", it doesn't.

Daniel "RTM" de Lincolia
Tim McDaniel.   Reply to tmcd at crl.com; if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com
is work account.  tmcd at tmcd.austin.tx.us ... is wrong tool.  Never use this.