ANST - P-words...in a nut-shell.

joelight joelight at lx.net
Sun Feb 22 07:02:10 PST 1998

Heilsa!

Am writing in response to the discussion regarding country/loyalty/etc:

I thought that a great deal of our ideas about governmernt/populace
relationships stemmed from the old system of lord/servant loyalties.  The
name spelling escapes me...commitatus?    This system goes back to the very
beginnings of what we now call the feudal system...that pledge of loyalty in
exchange for being taken care of.  We still work under that basic system if
you think about it.  We are loyal to our government in exchange for the
protection of the military, needed health and human services, etc.    The
problem today stems from the fact that so many of us feel the government has
not fulfilled their part of the agreement....

Sum it up by saying that I love my country...it's my government I don't
trust.

Ulrica